Monday, August 10, 2015

Chatting in Heaven



Smiling girl dancing.

Jesus Prays to the Father 

for Us



I find it so amazing that the most important thing that God wants us to understand is that He loves us. He doesn't need anything from us. He just wants us.

Sure, He is mighty and powerful and we are right to be in awe of His majesty and glory – but in Scripture when Jesus speaks intimately with the Father as He does in John Chapter 17, he talks about us. 

Hmm... I wonder what they are saying about me now?

Jesus: 

I love to watch what she does when I show her how much I love her. Maybe she’ll do that happy dance in the back yard she sometimes does. Her favorite song lately is “Flawless” by MercyMe. That always makes me laugh – and it makes me want to give her even more grace!  I put it in her heart that I find no fault in her and she is starting to believe me… Finally!! (Romans 8:1)

  For from his fullness we have all received grace upon grace. (John 1:16)

 

Abba* Father (Daddy): 

Well, I gave her to You my son as a precious gift. I can see that You love her the same way that I love You.  (John 17:6-9)

Jesus: 

Yes, exactly! How wonderful that You are in Me, and I am in her – we are One. In fact, all who have put their faith in Me are My beloved children.  And although it was painful to lay down My life for them, each one of them was worth it. I wish they would stop trying to earn My love or think they can repay it somehow. I love them just the way they are. All I ever wanted was an intimate, loving relationship with each of them.

Become friends with God; he’s already a friend with you. How? you ask. In Christ. 
God put the wrong on him who never did anything wrong,  
so we could be put right with God. 
(2 Corinthians 5:20-21 The Message)

(Abba) Father: 

The ones that listen closely to Your voice are getting it – but the distracted ones are taking a little longer to understand. You did warn them that in the world there would be trouble – and You gave them a way out of the turmoil.

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” 
(John 16:33 The Message)
 

(The Father Continues...)

The distracted ones, though, keep looking for You in buildings, rules, and circumstances – when You are so much closer than that – right inside of them. Closer than their heartbeat. (John 5:39-40)

 

Jesus:

I will just keep knocking at the door of their hearts until they get it – or, rather, they get ME! (Revelation 3:20)

Abba Father: 

Remember that time over 2,000 years ago (I know it seems like just yesterday because time means nothing to us) -- when you spoke to me on the night you were betrayed – and you asked me to bless your followers at that time? And then, you thanked Me for the children that will be Yours in the distant future – like that lady dancing in her yard! We should go get the disciples and let them see this. They would get a big kick out of seeing how things are going so far... (John 17:20-22)


Jesus: 

It does seem like the blink of an eye. And in no time at all, I will rescue them from the world and all of its pain and sorrow. Then I will see them face-to-face and there will be no more torment, no more pain, and no more sorrow. I will finally overcome the world and gather My loved ones around Me. How I long for that day. I know they are homesick for Me, as well. You created them with a place in their spirits where I hold them -- and only there, do they feel truly at home.

He will wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor pain. All of that has gone forever.” (Revelation 21:4)
 

Jesus: 

Oh, look! She finally stopped dancing – and now she is resting. She is resting in Me, just like I told her to do. I am holding her very tightly with My love and I can see that she knows it. How blessed I feel when she trusts Me. I think I will bless her again with a profound awareness of My Presence. I want to be sure that she doesn’t just “believe” in Me (even Satan believes in me!), but that she truly knows Me – and that I know her and love her. (Matthew 11:28-30)

Abba Father: 

Well, Son, I will let you get on with it. I know you revel in every detail of Your children's lives. They’ll be home with Us soon enough. (Matthew 10:30)

Jesus: 

Thanks, Dad… for everything.


* The word Abba is an Aramaic word that would most closely be translated as “Daddy.” It was a common term that young children would use to address their fathers. It signifies the close, intimate relationship of a father to his child, as well as the childlike trust that a young child puts in his “daddy.”  (Romans 8:15-17)

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to feel so loved and cared for. Thank you GOD!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover